Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ben Presley - "Wait For Me"



Ben Presley is an up-and-coming indie/folk/pop singer-songwriter out of the metro-Atlanta area, and he shows more promise than any other young artist I have heard in recent years. Given his background in musical theater, it comes as no surprise that Ben has one of the more unique and powerful set of pipes on the scene today. His voice is emotional and passionate, carrying the melody his first song released (as of yet) and seamlessly crafting beautifully heart-wrenching harmonies that are reminiscent of a southern/western flare without having the twang of typical country artists. Lyrically, Ben writes with wisdom beyond his years and flawlessly emphasizes the soulful and sensitive topics associated with his songs. In addition to his unmistakable vocal talent, Ben's guitar work effectively communicates the depth of his songs while not being overpowering - a feat not mastered by many artists in modern alternative/pop. Simply put, if you like folk music or any type of indie/acoustic...you will love Ben Presley's music. I encourage you to listen to the song posted below, and enjoy it! I sure am; I've been showing this song to all of my friends and it's actually been on repeat on my computer the entire time I've been writing this article. Listen and love.

"Wait For Me"




-John-


EDIT!!!
Ben Presley has released the official final version of "Wait For Me"
you can listen to it at www.reverbnation.com/benpresley

1 comment:

  1. Is he called Ben Cole or Ben Presley?? It's just there is a lot of people out there mistaken by thinking that this person is actually Elvis Presley's grandson :/ I'll admit it, I believed that too until now. I suppose, deep down, I wasnt sure. But I love this song!! I hadnt heard of this guy until now but I will definitely be following up on any songs he will be doing in the future! Good Luck Ben!!

    ReplyDelete